Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Audacity!!


Why did one of my students steal my MP3 Player? I was out one Friday and had to get a sub. The student went inside my desk and stole my Samsung MP3 Player ( I know I should not have left it there, but that’s another story). Fortunately, for me, an honest student saw him do it. On top of that, like most dumb criminals, he went around bragging that he had taken it out of my desk. When I came back, the honest student told me what happened. I told an administrator and he denied stealing it for about 3 days until we brought in his mom, the police unit, and charges.
Finally he confessed and the MP3 player was returned; however, it was not complete. When he stole it, it had my USB chord attached to it, but when he returned it, it did not have the chord. Apparently he lost it. So basically I have an MP3 player to which I cannot upload songs. I called his mom about the chord and she said he didn’t have it. I was thinking, “Well you need to replace it.”
But this ain’t even what I’m mad about. I’ve gotten over the fact that this [Beautiful child of God] stole my stuff--that was so November. What I’m really mad about is school started back this week. That very same student was listening to music through some sort of device in my class. I asked him to put whatever he had away or I would take it. I just so happened to look down and saw what was playing his music. In my head I said, “How did you get my MP3 player again.” Then I remembered, “Oh yeah, mine is at home.” Tell me why his mother (or somebody) had the audacity to go and buy him the exact same MP3 player he had stolen from me (I guess he got it for Christmas). I almost jerked it straight out of his hand, but the Holy Spirit . . .
I could not believe that someone bought that for him. What kind of lesson was he being taught? I mean he did get a 10 day vacation, I mean suspension, but still. That’s what’s wrong with kids today (well at least one thing). Many of them never really have to face true consequences for their actions. They do what they want to do without a conscience. We have got to start holding these students accountable.
And I’m done.

5 comments:

Daniel Kelvin Bullock said...

Actually, there is a possibility he stole that one, too. Maybe he didn't get it for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Someone stole Carmen's digital camera - the one I bought - out of her desk. I try not to talk about it, because all I can think is "Why was it at school in the first place," but that's another story.

Dr. Ronda Taylor Bullock said...

Well Gene, maybe she wanted to take pics of her students enjoying learning. I have taken my camera to school several times to take pics of my students.

Also, sometimes the kids know the culprit. I gave my classes a long lecture about stealing and doing bad things to good people. I told them stealing was wrong, but stealing from good people is the worst kind of theft. Then I told them that what goes around comes right back on around. After that I asked them to write on a sheet of paper anything that they knew about my MP3 Player. And out of my 4 classes, I had about 20 people who told me who had it. I also told them that if I heard, "Snitches get stitches," one more time, I was going to write them up.

Anonymous said...

LOL at "I also told them that if I heard, "Snitches get stitches," one more time, I was going to write them up."

I would have been like Stitches get you suspended!

Unknown said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, gucci outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin, tory burch outlet, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, nike free, louboutin shoes, ugg boots, prada handbags, prada outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, air jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louboutin outlet, burberry, oakley sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, kate spade outlet, replica watches, tiffany and co, tiffany jewelry, longchamp pas cher, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe run, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, nike outlet, longchamp, air max, chanel handbags, nike air max, replica watches, sac longchamp, nike air max, jordan shoes