Monday, June 28, 2010

As Easy As Riding a Bike!?!


When's the last time you rode a bike? Was it easy? OMG I rode my bike one day last summer, trying to get my Lance Armstrong on, and my buttocks was sore for a week. It felt like I had bruised something. It hurt so bad I had to wait a week to ride again.

I figured I needed a new bike seat, but I didn't want to buy one. So I rigged my seat with a hand towel and scotch tape (I couldn't find the electrical tape). This worked temporarily; however, it was very uncomfortable.

I did a lil research and invested in this wide gel cushioned seat. It made a huge difference! But--there was still some soreness.

Just this past weekend, KB and I went to ride bikes and while I was riding, I was very comfortable, but the next day, I had mild soreness. Riding a bike isn't supposed to hurt. I don't remember pain in my childhood memories of riding up and down my dirt road.

On my way home today, I stopped by REI, an outdoor sports store, and looked for padded biker shorts. I had heard about them from somebody. These shorts have gel cushioned pads in the seat of the shorts. When I tried them on, they felt extremely awkward, but I was determined to ride my bike pain free.

Well, I just got in from a two mile ride and it was great!! Zero discomfort and I don't anticipate being sore tomorrow.

1 comment:

Don said...

So I rigged my seat with a hand towel and scotch tape I believe you will or have adjusted at this point and probably don't place much emphasis on the seat as you perhaps originally did.

Funny comment though.