Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Getting "In the Way" of The Truth




A couple of months ago I read a Daily Bread devotional entitled "Getting 'In the Way.'" Looking at the title, I thought it was possibly going to be about things that get in the way of us serving God. But, it was about God being the way and if you are to follow Him, then you are in the way. I thought the title and message were very deep.

I also liked the scripture reading, John 14:1-6. Verse six really stood out to me: "I am the way and the truth and the life." The Truth. God is The Truth. I've read that before, but this time it really stood out to me.

This year I'm recommitting myself to The Truth, living it, loving it, and speaking it. I wanted something to remind me to live in The Truth everyday. So I came up with the idea of a Truth ring. I bought a sterling silver ring and had "The Truth" etched into it. I wear it everyday as a reminder to get "in the way."

God Bless!

2 comments:

Q said...

is this a sly reference to KB?? Lol, j/k, real talk it's deep tho. i'm glad to see somebody is still posting!

Dr. Ronda Taylor Bullock said...

LOL. No it's not. Thanks for coming through to read. Preciate it:0)